1. Preheat the
oven. Check to be sure there are no rubber balls or plastic
soldiers lurking on the shelves.
2. Remove blocks and toy cars from
table. Grease pan. Crack nuts.
3. Measure 2 cups flour. Remove Johnny's hands from
the flour. Wash flour off him. Re-measure flour.
4. Crack more nuts to replace those that Johnny
ate. Put flour, baking powder, and salt in sifter. Get dust
pan and brush up pieces of bowl that Johnny knocked on the floor.
Get another bowl.
5. Answer the door-bell. Return to
kitchen. Remove Johnny's hands from the bowl again. Wash
Johnny. Answer the phone. Return to Kitchen.
6. Remove 1/2-inch salt from the greased
pan. Look for Johnny. Grease another pan. Answer
phone. Return to kitchen and find Johnny.
7. Take up greased pan and remove layer of nut
shells in it. Head for Johnny who runs, knocking the bowl off the
8. Wash the kitchen floor, table, walls, and dishes.
9. Call the bakery and place an
order. Take two aspirins and lie down. Don't forget to
turn the oven off!